Updated: January 1, 2020
BAI Connect (“BAI”) knows that its customers care about how their personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) is used, shared, collected and disclosed; and BAI takes its customers’ privacy seriously. We believe that your personal information is yours – not data to be sold off to the highest bidder. We are committed to maintaining your online privacy and making every effort to ensure that your rights are protected; and thus, BAI has created this Privacy Statement to explain our privacy practices. The policies described herein apply to the Personal Information that you furnish to BAI, or that we otherwise collect in the course of providing you with one of our services. These policies apply to such information whether we obtain it “online” (such as when you subscribe for services on our website), or “offline” (such as when you subscribe for our service over the telephone or a paper order form).
BAI offers some services, including our internet access service, which allows you to interact with companies and individuals that are independent of BAI. By using those services, you may enable those companies or individuals to independently learn Personal Information about you. The policies herein do not apply to personal information, or any other information, that you provide to any of these third parties, or that they collect independently of BAI. As such, BAI is not responsible nor liable to you if such third parties do not have the appropriate policies in place, or if they fail to follow those policies.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change without prior notice; therefore, it is recommended that you refer back to this page periodically for updates.
I. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, describe, reference or contact an individual (i.e. an individual’s name, address, telephone number, etc). It also includes information that could reasonably be linked, either directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Information that does not permit an individual to be identified or contacted, and that does not permit information about his or her activities or history to be linked to him or her is not “personally identifiable information.” Among other things, this means that if we separate data about your activities from your name or other data that identifies you, then that data is no longer “personally identifiable information.”
II. WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES BAI COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED
In order to provide our services to you, BAI keeps business records that contain personal information, including, but not limited to the following:
- Your name, address, telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates, and bank account information for billing purposes and payment history.
- Your IP address(es), the amount of network resources you use, the signal strength of your connection, and the hardware address (MAC address) of the wireless network client you use to access BAI’s network;
- Information on the number, configuration of modems, or other BAI service-related equipment or BAI issued devices in your home;
- Maintenance, support calls, trouble tickets and repair records for the BAI equipment in your home used for the services;
- The services and service options you select, and in the case of any service where you have a choice of whether or not to use a particular feature, program or offering, the information transmitted through our facilities or that you otherwise communicate to us in order to make a choice;
- Information about your satisfaction or usage of a service that we obtain from any feedback provided by you;
- A record of whether you rent or own the premises where BAI is providing service, so that we can obtain any permission required prior to installing our equipment;
- Subscriber correspondence (via email or otherwise); and
- A record of any violations and alleged violations of the agreements, terms, conditions or policies that govern your use of our services.
In general, BAI utilizes the Personal Information mentioned above as necessary to render our services to you, to detect unauthorized reception of cable communications, and for tax, legal, accounting and other purposes related to our business. Your Personal Information may also be used to communicate with you, including promoting BAI’s service and informing you of enhancements to the service; to send you pertinent announcements about the services you receive; to improve the quality of BAI’s service; to serve you when you have questions or problems with the service; and to investigate complaints, protect the service and our subscribers from violations of the law, the Service Agreement, and the Acceptable Use Policy. Please note, however, that BAI does not, under normal circumstances, access, read, upload or store data contained in your private files, or monitor the content accessed during your use of the connection.
III. HOW DOES BAI STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a visitor to our site, your IP address is automatically collected, primarily to track the number of computers used to visit our site, the pages visited most often, the timeframe used most frequently and other trends. This statistical data is gathered to analyze the information most frequently requested by the public, and how BAI can best provide it. We destroy the information we collect when the purpose for which it was provided has been fulfilled.
Additionally, BAI stores your Personal Information internally on a software program designed to manage and identify all BAI customers, the specific services purchased and all service requests related to that customer. BAI also stores your Personal Information in an accounting program designed to manage billing due dates and payments.
IV. DOES BAI SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
BAI will not rent, sell or disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing or promotional purposes. BAI will only share customer Personal Information with third parties, as described below:
- Vendors: BAI contracts with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on BAI’s behalf, and at times BAI may need to share customer Personal Information in order to provide products or services to its customers. For example, BAI may utilize a payment processing company to receive and process a customer’s ACH or credit card transactions, or may contract with third parties to assist BAI in optimizing BAI’s network. Unless BAI tells a customer differently, it does not grant its Vendors any right to use the customer Personal Information BAI shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist BAI.
- For Business Transfers/Restructuring: BAI may choose to buy or sell assets, or BAI may sell its assets or be sold in its entirety. In these types of transactions, customer Personal Information is typically one of the business assets that would be disclosed and transferred. Also, if BAI or its assets are acquired, or BAI goes out of business, enters bankruptcy, or goes through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information could be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Law Enforcement/Government Agencies: BAI may disclose information concerning a subscriber or a transmission made using our network in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation (such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act). BAI assumes no obligation to inform a customer that their Personal Information has been provided, and in some cases, may be prohibited by law from giving such notice.
V. HOW DOES BAI SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BAI maintains a variety of administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your Personal Information, and to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Also, we restrict access to your Personal Information to those employees who need to know such information to provide you with service.
With respect to billing, a customer’s initial and recurring subscription fees are processed by third-party billing companies. We transmit a customer’s billing information to them using secure connections (128-bit SSL encryption) for bill processing, and then the actual billing is performed on their systems in the same way other credit card charges are processed.
Additionally, in signing up for our services, a customer will be asked to provide BAI with a unique password which will be associated with their account and be used to verify their identity. Therefore, when a customer contacts BAI to discuss their account, BAI will first require that customer to authenticate their identity by providing their unique password.
Although we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from illegally obtaining this information.
VI. HOW LONG DOES BAI RETAIN A CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
BAI retains a customer’s Personal Information for seven (7) years after cancellation/termination of the customer’s services.
VII. HOW TO ACCESS, DELETE OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Customer’s may access, update or request that their Personal Information be deleted by contacting BAI at email@example.com.
Customers also have the right to make the following requests:
- Request general categories of Personal Information collected;
- Request specific categories and specific pieces of Personal Information collected;
- Request sources where Personal Information was collected;
- Request the business purpose for which Personal Information was collected;
- Request categories of third parties that shared and/or received their Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of Personal Information.
Customer’s must note that although a customer may request that BAI delete their Personal Information, certain Personal Information is necessary for business or operational purposes. Such information includes, but it not limited to, the customer’s name, billing and service address, e-mail address, telephone number, and account and billing information. Therefore, if a customer who is currently receiving service requires that BAI delete all of their Personal Information, including the information contained above, BAI will be unable to provide customer with the service, which may result in the triggering of BAI’s early termination provision, per the Service Agreement.
VIII. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
IX. GDPR COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
For those individuals in the EU, your Personal Information will be stored for 12 months. You may request from us the rectification or erasure of your personal data, may object to the processing of data, and have a right to data portability. You may also withdraw your consent to the collection of cookies at any time. Consent for information gathered under the Service Agreement can only be revoked via a termination of services. You may ask for erasure of such information at the end of the terms of your contract only. You may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. Any data collected to provide services will be a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. Failure to provide such data will make providing services impossible. Any data that is collected via cookies is merely contractual.